General Meeting Minutes
Date: August 11, 2022
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – we are at 190% of target. A lot of Gring’s Mill activity in the current financial report. Income and expenses from Blues Cruise are coming in.
- Gring’s Mill 5K and 10K – Jason Karpinski, not present for the meeting. But by all accounts, things went well at the event. However, there was a misspelling on the awards, so we will let Jason make a decision about that (for the one person who noticed and mentioned it).
- Blues Cruise 50K (Sunday, October 2, 2022) – Dan Govern brought the jacket swag sample. He will also have a medal created. Some of the expenses are coming in. Hoping for 400 people, not quite getting to the registration numbers (170 currently). Dan states there may be a downward trend in ultramarathon registration entries. The ski loop redo has been contracted – with completion hoped for in September. Volunteers will be needed on race day. This is Dan’s last year as the race director. Mike Whalen has agreed to take over, with Elaine Cook as a support director. Dan, Stephan Weiss, and Mike Yoder will assist through the transition.
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler (December 31, 2022) – Lisa Domeshek – everything on track so far.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K series (First race is December 11, 2022) – Sue Jackson – applications are open online through Pretzel City Sports. There will not be a return to pre-pandemic times during this upcoming season. They will use pre-wrapped food items, and not quite sure of the farmhouse access to runners pre- and post-race. The banquet will go on as usual.
- Pacer yoga was held, approx. 30 people turned out. There was not a charge for use of the facility, so Lisa is wondering about giving $75 to the facility. Also, she is asking if anyone wants to do hops picking at that location.
- Pickleball – overall cost per person is $20 which includes 1 hour with instructors, court time, and paddles. September 25, in the afternoon (time TBD), at the courts in West Reading. Will have to check what the max number of people are. A motion was made to have the club provide up to $250, seconded, and passed. Depending on the total number this event can accommodate, the organizers will determine how many guests are allowed.
- Wine and cheese for 2022 – Jane Setley – Karin Long stepped down as the organizer of this event. We have to skip the event for this year. The preference is to have a place where we can bring our own food/drinks. Looking for a new person to organize this, or potentially Jane and Lisa will form a committee.
- Weekly runs – Steve Vida – the information is available on the web page or Facebook discussion page.
- Race mates – Kris Jacoby said the last event went well. Two athletes were charioted. There is an event this weekend for two athletes.
- Jane Setley, Monday, September 12, Opportunity House cooking dinner for residents. They have been feeding about 80 people lately. September’s meal will likely be about 70. Dinner is at 7 p.m. Six to 8 people needed to cook and serve, others are needed to organize and plan the meal. Financial donations are needed to cover the cost of the dinner, and then a generous anonymous donor has stepped up to cover any remaining cost. Roughly $500 will be needed to cover this amount (just food costs are needed). Motion made to give $150 to the cause, seconded, and passed. A volunteer sheet was circulated. Contact Jane if you would like to volunteer in some capacity.
- Long run – Shaun Luther – this Saturday at Green Lane, 2 loops, information on Facebook. No-drop event.
- Holiday run for Labor Day – Steve Vida will organize and post details.
- Pacer swag shop will be available on-line via RockHound Apparel (Robesonia) – there are several items available. Currently the club will not receive a portion of the proceeds. Discussion followed about this, and it was decided that it is highly likely a Pacer would be purchasing and wearing the item, so no additional markup would be added to the cost for the Pacer club’s financial benefit. It will be a two-week pop-up shop where Pacers would purchase on their own, with their own funds. Dates TBD. Will try to get samples to bring for sizing. Traditional Pacer logo and another design option is likely. Lisa Domeshek and Michelle Henry are organizing.
- Beth Kohl – from Kristen Kelly: Trails, Tails, and Ales event for Berks Nature (Alvernia area), Sunday, September 11, 2022. They are looking for someone to do a trail run in the morning that leads into the afternoon event. Steve Vida volunteered to organize a trail run. On September 11, the event starts at noon with run prior (approx. 10 a.m.) Polly suggested involving Fleet Feet. Beth will check into this.
- Jane Setley — BAMBA printed and distributed a map of their new trails at Blue Marsh – available at different locations, such as Ganly’s.