General Meeting Minutes
Date: February 9, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – (Shaun Luther not present) – Michelle passed around copies of the expense report. No questions/concerns raised.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run (Sunday, June 25, 2023) – Blair Hogg – Swag this year is a pair of commemorative socks. Run, volunteer, or both. Registration will go live soon.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K – Sue Jackson – Third event is Sunday, February 12; the fourth, and last, event is on Sunday, March 12. Registration opens at 8:30 and race starts at 10:00. Buffet and award ceremony to follow after the March race. Sue is looking for door prizes. The cost for the buffet for a non-runner, non-volunteer is $13.00. There will be a sweep at the February race – Michelle Henry, accompanying the last runner to let volunteers know they are done. Mike Whalen will get the trailer.
- Brad Sinnen – Wallyball went well in February. Next date is Friday, March 17 (also St. Patrick’s Day – he is aware). Watch for the Facebook event posting.
- Manayunk bike ride proposed. Karen & Brad Sinnen willing to organize, if there is interest. Karen will check with Caroline Hill about the details, since she previously organized the rides.
- Tiffany – proposing a roller skating activity at Skateaway, if there is interest. Michelle will do some sort of poll to gauge interest & date/time preference. Rental for the rink is $300 with the food service area open; it is $350 if the club elects the bring-your-own-food/beverage option.
Communications Committee – no report
- Wednesday night runs – Matt Brophy isn’t going to be around this summer to lead the WNRs, so he is looking for someone(s) to fill in and assist Steve Vida. FYI – volunteering to lead a run will count as ‘volunteer’ check off on the Passport.
- Race Mates—May 7, Laney’s run. March 18, IM Able Bash at Alvernia University: The Chariot drivers will be giving demonstrations. If interested in participating, register at the event page online (which is free) and put ‘Pacers’ in the comment box, so you will get VIP access.
Scholarship Committee: 2/28/23 is the deadline for the application.
Old business – none
- Start & Finish line inflatable arch project: Mike Whalen presented this to the race directors, and now is presenting to the membership.
- Would be branded with the Pacer logo
- Blues Cruise, Grings Mill, & Charlie Horse are self-timed races and could benefit from this, but the arch could be used at any of the races.
- Deflated, the arch will fit in trailer
- Weighs about 50 pounds
- $2500 with 3 year warranty
- Inflated, it is about 10 feet tall by 15 feet wide, and some questions raised if this might be too wide
- Matt Brophy – as part of the monthly newsletter, he has started a member profile to briefly highlight a few people every month. Andy Styer and Raine Fussner were profiled in the January newsletter. He is looking for a few people every month, so that new (and existing) club members can get to know each other. If interested in participating, there is a form with a few questions sent with the newsletter.