General Meeting Minutes
Date: March 9, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – 143% of target. Equipment purchase – Georgine bought a new coffeemaker. Annual donations for Berks Nature and the Horse-shoe Trail conservancy fund are due; Shaun will be sending them $100 each. The required trailer insurance reminded Shaun about the trailer vehicle registration renewal. Mike Whalen will check the date of renewal. According to Mike, the trailer doesn’t need a vehicle inspection because it doesn’t have brakes.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon Trail Run (Sunday, May 28, 2023) – Shaun Luther – Libby has the T-shirt design close to finalization. One private landowner is giving his ok to have the course on his land, so the course remains intact. Registration is down about 50% of expected. Mike says the trailer needs a driver that weekend, as he is away.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Chase (Sunday, June 26, 2023) – Blair Hogg, registration is open and live on Pretzel City Sports web site. Donna Hey will work on the social media.
- Grings Mill Run 5K and 10K (Sunday, August 6, 2023) – Jason, registration through Run Signup is live. Looking into race timing options.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K (2022 – 2023 season complete) – Sue Jackson, last run with banquet to follow. Door prizes have been collected. Donna Hey will sweep the final participants. Mike Whalen is bringing the trailer.
- WallyBall on March 17 at Colonial Fitness, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., $5 for members/$10 for non-members. Karen and Brad Sinnen organizing.
- Still looking into the Manyunk bike ride.
- Roller skating still being looked into. Steve Vida will create a poll with potential dates. Tiffany will organize if there is interest.
- Opportunity House dinner preparation, Monday, March 13. Mike Whalen is organizing this event.
- Applications have been received – Beth Kohl will organize the review and announce recipients in April/May.
- Race directors working on a 1-page advertisement sheet. Will have a QR code that goes to the Pacer web site. Race directors are requested to send updated web site information to Michelle.
- Matt Brophy won’t be here over the summer, so please consider volunteering to be a run leader.
- Long run last weekend – next month’s run is in discussion; check Facebook for updates.
- Mike Whalen continues with the finish line arch details – The Pacers actually own a finish line apparatus, but it’s not easy to put up or safe. The company does make a smaller inflatable arch, but it cost more. The size proposed will work. The finished cost is $3028. Motion made to purchase and seconded. Shaun Luther then requested that a few more bids be gotten. Mike agreed and will get some additional bids for comparison. This motion is tabled until next month.
- From Michelle Henry, the executive board convened and reviewed the by-laws. Michelle discussed the process to change something in the by-laws. The updated version is on the Pacer web-site. Some items were changed to reflect current practices – such as the start time of the monthly meeting was changed from 7:30 to 7:00 p.m.; paying for dues only by cash or check was updated to reflect current payment methods, etc.
- Mike discussed making some stricter activity requirements in order to be on the executive board, citing the potential consequence of a group of people conspiring to take over the board.