General Meeting Minutes
Date: October 8, 2020
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Via Zoom
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – The account is 111% of target. The caterer from the 2019 Christmas party was paid, so Shaun says we do not have any outstanding bills.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon – Shaun Luther – Registration was not opened on Oct 1, but will be in the next few days. No limit at this point to the registration, as this race doesn’t usually go that high. Trail maintenance on 10/18—they are creating a ½ mile new trail to be cut between French Creek and Rustic, that will eliminate the run through the gun club range. They are looking for volunteers to help cut. Shaun will post on the discussion page—this is the Pacers section of trail.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run – no update.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K – Laura Yoder – no update. Permits for the park are not accepted at this time.
- Blues Cruise 50K – Mike Yoder – A few people did the Baby Blues Cruise. No update at this time for the 2021 event. There are trees down on our section of the trail, at least one large one that will take some coordination to reach.
- Oley Valley Country Classic – Leonard Burton – will do a virtual race open for a 4-week window, but not with Strava. Probably with “map my fitness.” Instructions will be put on the web site.
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler (or whatever distance it comes out to this year) – Polly Corvaia – has the permit. 50 spots are still open. 175 have signed up. Hoodies are optional for purchase, and this will be a limited bulk purchase. All runners will get a nice swag bag for the run, with donations from local sponsors. The gnome prizes match the Pacer colors. Polly wants to allow runners to re-loop the 5K race, but is having some trouble with the details. Message her with any suggestions. Lisa Domeshek and John Thompson are co-race directors. Male 25 to 29—no one is signed up in this category yet. She likely will sell out within the next week.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K – Sue Jackson – She is trying to stick with 200 or so for the enrollment cap for each race. There are people registered for all the races—60 so far for December. Still keeping the swag and food limited. Even though the Governor has opened up the numbers, the rulings are so much in flux that Sue wants to stick with the original plan.
- Jr. High Cross Country Fall Invitational – Tom Chobot – need about 6 – 8 volunteers. This is scaled down—no t-shirt sales, no food, no awards. There won’t be as many spectators. Need especially for parking and the finish line, probably will be done by 11:00 a.m. with everything. Gwen is hampered with typing, so she needs help with getting the names on the bib. Sue Jackson and Georgine McCool will help this. Tom and Gwen will make sure that they follow best practices for COVID prevention. The High School event is two days prior.
- Bike rides – Larry Drago has posted an event
- Christmas party by Zoom?? The idea is being considered.
Communications Committee – no update
- Weekly runs – continuing to have a good turnout. Matt Brophy has been doing a great job of doing the signatures, and no incidents so far.
- Scholarship committee – does not begin until after the New Year; Beth Kohl will try to get something written for the November newsletter and will reach out to the schools.
- Trail Maintenance – will need to be done at Blue Marsh (Mike Yoder) and the Horseshoe Trail (Shaun Luther)
- Board positions open: President and 5 executive board positions will be voted on in the month of November. Some board members are up for reelection. Larry Drogo will not run again for a board position. Voting will be done by Doodle Poll with nominees listed and sent to member emails. The poll will be open for a certain period of time in November. There will not be write-in candidates allowed. Beth Kohl is collecting nomination names.
- Active members had their annual dues payments rolled into 2021. New members will still have to pay the fee.
New business—none presented