General Meeting Minutes
Date: September 9, 2021
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Victor Emmanuel II pavilion
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther—account is at 120% of target. Most expenses and income are from Blues Cruise. Proof of insurance for the trailer has been provided to Storage World, as requested.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon (completed for 2021)—no report
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run (completed for 2021)—Donna Hey—She is the membership person now for Nolde. The new signs that the club helped purchase are up. No update for the race.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K (completed for 2021)—no report
- Blues Cruise 50K, Sunday, October 3, 2021—Dan Govern—Facebook post was created with a request for volunteers. Registrations have fallen off quite a bit after going very strong. The swag is in, except the shirt, but that is not a problem. Dan will host a bike ride at his house to have people help with the packing of swag. Nathan, the ranger at Blues Cruise, has a list of items that are needed and can be fixed. So the donations (previously discussed) should get used. Steve Maguire will put up a post regarding being on the lookout for trail conditions with comments back to the post.
- Oley Valley Apple Country Classic, 10-mile and 5K, Saturday, October 9, 2021—Lenny Burton and Barry Goodhart—40 runners registered so far. Need a lot of volunteers. Lenny is looking forward to the new location. He will send a Constant Contact message to encourage more sign ups. Registration that day is inside this year, along with a few vendors, such as RUseeN.
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler, Sunday, December 26, 2021—Lisa Domeshek—everything on track so far.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K, first event is December 12, 2021—Sue Jackson—The series is set for this season. Registration available on-line at the Pretzel City Sports web site, and papers applications will also be available. Will have similar wrapped food experience and bagged swag. Temple Fire Company is reserved for the banquet following the final race on March 13, 2022.
- Jr. High Cross Country Fall Invitational—no report
- Wine and cheese—Karin Long—Lilly’s Vineyard, September 18, 6 to 9 p.m. The cost will be $5 for members and $10 per person for non-members. Some indoor seating, a deck, and might be good to bring your own chair.
- Bike ride—Dan Govern’s house for swag collection. Details to be announced
- Facebook—Jane looking for help for FB—Michelle Henry can assist.
- Weekly runs—Turnout at the quarry field in Wyomissing was good. Next WNR is at Nolde.
- Trail Maintenance—will be in touch with Mike Yoder in case anything needed prior to BC
- Reading Hospital run, October 17, 2021, benefits the Friends of Reading Hospital. Volunteers are always needed. Jane Setley is leading this effort to assist the race director, Beth Kohl
- Tino’s Restaurant, where we have been having some of our monthly meetings, was sold. We lost our spot there for this evening’s meeting due to a previous booking, but the goal is to be back there for our meetings.
- Membership fee for 2022—will reinstall the $20 annual fee.
- Elections – some board positions open and some officer positions. Open positions to be announced so that elections will take place at the November meeting.