General Meeting Minutes
Date: June 9, 2022
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company and via Zoom
Guest speakers: Sandie and Stephan Kincaid of Berks Trail Works. They maintain many of the Berks County trails for the support of outdoor enthusiasts. They are a non-profit organization with membership options. Please review their social media accounts to gain more information on the outstanding work they do (Facebook, Instagram). Berkstrailworks.org is best place to go to learn about membership options and what is going on. At Blue Marsh, they take care of 20 miles of trail—it’s a lot, and they need help, especially due to a decrease in Corps of Engineers summer employees.
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – 184% of target. Taxes are filed. Constant Contact pricing discussed—went to an annual subscription due to cost of the monthly payment. A few reimbursements for Charlie Horse still outstanding.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon – Shaun Luther – there were 91 runners for half marathon and 35 for Dirty Pony 5K. This was less than the number expected. Shaun cut back on some expenses – such as timing the race (Tiffany and Polly handled this), canceled the DJ, and provided fewer food options. FYI, since Charlie Horse is the only race that uses the Pacer-owned timing clock, Shaun will keep it, rather than return it to the trailer, where it takes up space.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run – Donna Hey – 135 registered so far. And hopefully some same day registrations. Volunteers needed of course. Charlie will lead the parking. Donna increased the advertising a lot, which added about 60 registrants.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K (Sunday, August 7, 2022) – Jason Karpinski – registration still kind of slow, but hoping for a big push to get more entrants.
- June 23 – Wilshire pool run, bike, swim — 2 ride routes and 2 run routes. Then the pool will be open at 8 p.m. Free for Pacers, $5.00 for guests.
- Wine & cheese – is this going on?
- E-mails – messages are going out to the membership – but some emails are ending up in people’s junk email. So, check there if you think you are missing emails you should be getting.
- Weekly runs – great turnout for the Oakbrook WNR
- June 22, park at the mansion parking lot for a Nolde Run, and then the after event is Oakbrook brewing.
- Trail Maintenance – Nolde Forest has trees down, and they are open to have help with trail maintenance. Contact Blair for further details. Stephan Kincaid will contact Blair, and go out with his equipment. Larry reports that the Horsehoe trail section that the Pacers maintain is up to speed.
Membership committee – Jason Karpinski – he has seen some local bikers become Pacer members, and also joined the biking co-event. He is seeing some new names on the membership list. We had two new members attend the monthly meeting.
- National Trail Day – Mt Penn – they had about 20 people there, and did a short trail run.
- Jane Setley – planning a night to serve food/dinner to residents at Opportunity House. Likely a Monday is best. The service group provides the food, and the meal is served at 7. Jane will look for available evenings. This effort would require about 6 to 10 people. Volunteer options exist for some events outside of the scheduled evening.
- July meeting, renting the Pavilion at Rustic Park, Birdsboro. Michelle is requesting an easy pre-meeting run be arranged. This will be done by Swamp and Mike Gallen.