General Meeting Minutes
Date: February 10, 2022
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mimmo’s Restaurant
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – 188% of target. Following the discussion with the executive board the target amount will left as is for right now.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon (Sunday, May 29, 2022) – Shaun Luther, registration is open. Shaun said the trail is a bit of a mess due to logging. He spoke to the trail maintenance guy for the Horseshoe Trail, and he will try to work on this. Dirty Pony (5K) is back.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run (Sunday, June 26, 2022) – Donna Hey – registration is open; paper apps available.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K (Sunday, August 7, 2022) – no report
- Blues Cruise 50K (Sunday, October 2, 2022) – Stephan Weiss – permits done. 45 registered so far. Hard to get the trail maintenance company to work on the ski slope, bridge out, and excavation needed due to wash out.
- Oley Valley Country Classic-no report
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler (Saturday, December 31, 2022)- no report
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K (Sunday, March 13, 2022)—Sue Jackson – volunteers needed. Still doing the banquet. Asking that people RSVP if they will likely be there, or not is even appreciated. Ordering is typically for 300 people. An email blast went out explaining this. Also looking for door prizes.
- Jr. High Cross Country Fall Invitational – no report
- Wallyball at Colonial Fitness on Feb 25. There is an event page on Facebook. Bring $5 cash for the entry fee.
- Running from Wilshire Pool, Thursday, June 23; some form of activity will be organized—run, bike, etc. More to follow
- Yuriko Beaman – Yoga will be offered, more to follow.
- Velodrome – Mike Whalen – can get a date in May for this – a Friday. Would have a private area and catering, more to follow.
Communications Committee: no report
- Weekly runs – Michelle Henry – the WNRs have been successful with the more fixed, escorted runs, offering a 3.5-ish mile, no drop, route for slower runners, and a faster-paced 6-mile run for those interested.
- Trail Maintenance – No report
- Race mates – Dale Weitz – looking for volunteers to do this. Would like to expand the opportunities and the number of people involved. Ask Dale, Mike Whalen, or Kris Jacoby for more information.
- Jane Setley brought a few of the handmade bowls from the Opportunity House Souper Bowl to give away as door prizes for the meeting attendees. She expressed appreciation for the Pacers’ support of Opportunity House.
- There is an opening for one more reviewer on the scholarship committee. The deadline for application is 2/28.
- Michelle Henry – we have an actual table for this now, and someone will be encouraging and taking membership applications at all Pacer races.
- Fleet Feet is advertising our races on their website.
- Race results coordinator – Amy Bird has taken over this position. Send your results to raceresults@Pagodapacers.com at email address.
- Pacer ‘passport’ – Michelle went over this document. It will record a member’s participation in club events, and at the end of the year, will qualify the card bearer for a gift from the Pacer club.
- March 10th meeting at Mohnton Fire Company, Mike Whalen is doing a run through of CPR steps, and Karin Long is taking blood pressures and pulse ox’s (little clip that gets put on your finger to measure your blood’s oxygen level). They will start at 6 p.m., and the meeting starts at 7 p.m.
- Fleet Feet events: Donut dash from Fleet Feet area, held on a monthly basis—several Pacers do this. And the Teddy Trot to Opportunity House is on February 12.
- Lancaster Road Runner events: March 5 is at Blue Marsh and April 12 at Pinnacle Ridge. See their web page for more information.