General Meeting Minutes
Date: May 12, 2022
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther—180% of target. Not a lot of activity this month. Price of Constant Contact went up about 30%, so checking into that. The income taxes are prepared, and will be filed electronically via a service which the club can use for free.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon (Sunday, May 29, 2022) – Shaun Luther – Registration price increased, and registrations have picked up. Still need volunteers for the race.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run (Sunday, June 26, 2022) —Donna Hey – registration currently at 43 entrants. The swag is here, and is a nice, plaid packable blanket. Looking for young chasers and volunteers for Saturday, June 25, for marking the train, and the day-of activities.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K—Jason Karpinski – Registration entrants is at 9 right now. Andrea Thrush is doing some artwork for the slate awards.
- Blues Cruise 50K – no report
- Oley Valley Country Classic (November 5, 2022) – Lenny Burton – Oley Fair grounds. Won’t use their kitchen this year, so he’s looking for some food trucks. If anyone knows a contact, please contact Lenny with details.
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler – no report
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K – no report
- Jr. High Cross Country Fall Invitational – no report
Social Committee – updates from Michelle Henry:
- Thursday, June 23, run, bike, swim night – casual ride planned with Berks Area Cyclists, and a more experienced ride will be hosted by Swamp. Two distance runs will be available, starting around 7. The pool opens at 8 p.m., and the charge is $5 per entrant. The pool is owned by a private organization, so you can BYOB (no glass). Michelle is proposing to have snacks, etc., and pay the entry of $5 per person for any Pacer members attending. The aim is to making this inter-activity and family friendly event. Elite Fire and Water Restoration is providing the water. (This event is in addition to the regularly scheduled WNR.)
- August 6, 9:30 a.m., Yoga by Yuriko, Fawn Hill Hop Yard, Shillington. We can’t charge for this event, so to limit the size, we request to keep this to Pacer members only and a plus one.
- Pickle Ball, still in the planning stage.
- Website – As always, trying to keep all the club platforms up to date
- Weekly runs – Matt Brophy & Steve Vida – if anyone has a particular route in mind for a Wednesday, let Matt know – especially those who are hosting the WNRs over the summer. Question asked about downloading the run, Lisa will show the app that is used. Also, these are no-drop runs.
- Hosted runs – there are still some evenings open. Check with Phil Lechner for open dates or other questions.
- Trail Maintenance – Mike Whalen – Jason reports one tree down, which a team will try to get to.
- Race mates – Run for Laney 5K – Mike Whalen and Kris Jacoby – Grings Mill race is scheduled as a race mate event. Open to pushers and changing up the running activity. If you know of an athlete who wants to run, contact “I Am Able” to put in contact with the group. Mike has a Facebook page for scheduling the pushers, so contact Mike so he can add you to the page. Discussion of child abuse clearances. Mike will delve into this further.
- Charity runs –
Scholarship Committee – no report
Membership committee – no report
- National Trails Day – a flyer was created with Pacers noted; Blair Hogg and Lisa Domeschik will be there, Fleet Feet is going to be there as a sponsor. If anyone is interested, plan on attending, June 5, Sunday morning (9:00). Berks Parks and Rec. Geared toward beginning trail runners.
- Berks Trail Works, who could not make it for the May meeting, are rescheduled for June.
- Velodrome repaving is not going well, so Pacer attending an evening there may not happen this year.
- June meeting at Mohnton Fire Company; July at Birdsboro Rustic Park