General Meeting Minutes
Date: April 13, 2023
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – account is at 137% of target, some outstanding expenses still from the Shiver. Income coming in via Run SignUp for Grings Mill.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon and Dirty Pony 5K (Sunday, May 28, 2023) – Shaun Luther – Registration has picked up slightly. The entry fee price increases soon. Shaun will put together a work crew for the area where logging started recently. This won’t interfere with the race, but the trail will be ripped up and needs to be redrawn. The section is off Maple Grove Road, about ¾ of a mile in length.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Chase (Sunday, June 25, 2023) – Blair Hogg and Donna Hey – Registration starting to pick up. Socks are the swag this year. They need volunteers day of, and 4 hours the day prior (Saturday, June 24) to mark the trail.
- Grings Mill Run 5K and 10K (Sunday, August 6, 2023) – Jason Karpinski – experience with registration through Run SignUp is good and has useful features to track registration.
- Blues Cruise 50K (Sunday, October 2, 2023) – Mike Whalen – Counter clockwise direction this year. Many volunteers will be needed (about 90). About 44 registrants so far.
- Oley Valley Country Classic (Saturday, November 4, 2023) – Barry Goodheart – The awards will be grouped into 5-year age groups. The directors are working on the shirt design.
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K (completed for the 2022/2023 season) – Sue Jackson – Made a little under $2000. After reading the survery responses, some changes will be made for next year, which include swag and an alternate direction of course. Meeting soon to plan for next year.
- Caroline Hill – Bike ride – Oaks to Manayunk; about 30 miles round trip, flat, can use a road or gravel bike; suggesting April 30th (Sunday) as the date. Rain date under consideration.
- Roller skating – poll taken, most interest on a Saturday, 5 to 7 p.m. Date TBD. Discussed the cost options of having food snack bar open ($300) vs. bring in your own food ($350). Tiffany will check dates, can reserve date for $75 deposit. After discussion, the date will likely postponed until October 21.
- Weekly runs – June will open for the WNRs to be from people’s home. Phil will update on Facebook
- Long runs – Interest noted in the bike riding option.
- Opportunity House service – Mike Whalen reported on the event. It was well organized and enjoyed by all who participated.
- Race Mates – the IM Able event in March was good. The Mates pushed people for about 3 hours.
Scholarship Committee – Beth Kohl – The committee met last month and reviewed 7 applications, all in the cross country category. No Pacer-family applications were received. Four scholarships were given in the cross country category, rather than the customary two each for the cross country and Pacer categories. The award of the scholarships as proposed by the committee was motioned upon, seconded, and approved.
- Finish line arch: Mike Whalen got some further comparisons ranging from $200 to $4,400. A motion was made to go with the Promotional Design Group, and seconded. After no further discussion, the group passed the motion. Mike will move forward with the purchases needed to complete the project.
- By Law update – Mostly language updating and further definition of ‘borrowing the club’s equipment.’ The updates had been noted in the March newsletter posting. A motion was made to accept the language as propose, and seconded. No further discussion. The motion was passed by the members present.
- IMG Physical Therapy of Kutztown wants to sponsor the Oley Valley Classic race. A representative will likely give a talk prior to the next meeting. (This is the same PT providers who occasionally present at Fleet Feet.)
- Race directors meeting on 4/27. Sue will send out an agenda.