General Meeting Minutes
Date: March 10, 2022
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Mohnton Fire Company
Treasury Report – Shaun Luther – we are 182% of target. Shiver expenses, and some Blues Cruise and Charlie Horse income. He has the information organized to do the taxes. Shaun will perform the off-site back up of financial information again with Sue Jackson and Michelle Henry.
- Charlie Horse Half Marathon (Sunday, May 29, 2022) – Sean Luther – entries are really slow at this point (12 so far, usually at 40 to 50). Libby is getting the shirts designed. Awards—giving out horseshoes to the top 8, and then medals for the other awards.
- Run for the Ages 10K Trail Run (Sunday, June 26, 2022) – Blair Hogg – getting sponsors and is figuring out how to recognize them.
- Grings Mill 5K and 10K (Sunday, August 7, 2022) – no report
- Blues Cruise 50K (Sunday, October 2, 2022) – no report
- Oley Valley Country Classic – no report
- Kris Kringle 5 Miler (Saturday, December 31, 2022) – no report
- Shiver by the River 5K and 10K (Sunday, March 13, 2022) – Sue Jackson – the last race of the season is this Sunday, which will have results and the banquet. Free entry to the banquet for race runners of at least 3 of the 4 races and for the volunteers, others are charged $10. This week Sue will be telling any 45-minute runners at the turn that they may not be able to have the volunteers to wait for them on the course of directions. The banquet hall doors open at 10:30 and we have the hall until 2:30.
- Jr. High Cross Country Fall Invitational – no report
- Wallyball at Colonial Fitness – a fun, well-attended, and successful event. Thanks, Brad.
- Pickleball – TBD, Michelle Henry is still researching
- Website – Jane Setley – there have been a lot of fake requests to join the Website. She will remain vigilant, but please report anything suspicious to her.
- Weekly runs – Steve Vida – The options for the two routs has been going well. For the post-run get-togethers, the locations have been posted on the Discussion Page.
Scholarship Committee: Sue Jackson – meeting coming up on April 7 to select the awards.
Membership committee – Jason Karpinski – he is working with Ron Horn of Pretzel City Sports to have membership sign-up option available via the PCS web site.
- Passports to document member participation in races, meetings, and volunteering – Michelle Henry – keep getting them signed. She will put details on discussion page.
- Lancaster Road Runners, April 2, 0900, at Pulpit Rock. A few Pacers attended their March meeting
- Bridge at the ski slope. An Eagle Scout is going to build the bridge, and they are trying to coordinate the placement. But it should be in within the next few months.
- BAMBA is planning their phase 4 redevelopment at Blue Marsh (details on their web site, berksmountainbiking.org, or Facebook page).
- Next month’s meeting is at the Mohnton Fire Company.